During the above video, you’ll get the opportunity to learn some great basketball practice tips from Bob Hurley, Sr.
Before we delve into the video, here’s a nugget of wisdom from the coach: “The first step to being successful is conversation, and the second step is observation.”
Here are some of the basketball practice rules that Coach Hurley goes over during the video:
- Be at basketball practice fifteen minutes early, jump rope in hand.
- Stop what you’re doing when you hear the whistle or the coach talking.
- The players are responsible for the practice mood.
- Finish your plays at practice with a score or a blockout.
- Know thyself; emphasize your weaknesses.
- Playing time is won at practice.
- If an individual lets the team down, the entire team runs.
- Seniors are responsible for the team attitude.
- Partners must push each other.
- Drill rotation: offense to defense to end of the line.
Do you lay out some of these same basketball practice rules? What rules would you add to the list?
If you liked this video, head over to my YouTube channel for even more coaching videos.