To make the defense get two consecutive stops or a three-stop total before they rotate out.
- Five offensive players are across the baseline.
- Five defensive players are across the free throw line extended.
How it Works
- Coach passes the ball to one of the offensive players and yells a defensive players name.
- The defensive player whose name was called and the defensive player whose man received the ball both have to touch the baseline and then chase.
- The other three defensive players immediately sprint back.
- One defender (first back) yells, “I got hole! (rim protector)”. The defender closest to ball yells, “I got ball! (stopper)”.
- The third defender will take the first pass.
- The three defenders must slow the offense in a 5-on-3 situation until the other two defenders can recover and we can match up 5 on 5.
- The offense pushes the ball and runs the floor looking to score quickly before the defense can recover.
- If you have 15 players, rotate offense to defense and then defense rotates out. New five come in on offense.