Play Type:“ “ Defense & Scoring Drill
In this defense drill, you are playing a 3 on 3 defensive game. The only team that can score is the defense.
- Put the kids in teams of 3.
- Have Team 1 as the defensive team on the baseline, and everyone else in 3 lines behind the 3 point line.
- The person in front of each line is team 2.
- The coach is on the baseline, and rolls the ball to one of the players on team 2.
- It is now 3 on 3, and the only team that can score is the defensive team (Team 1).
- They get a point by getting a steal, creating a turnover, or getting a defensive rebound.
- If the offense scores (Team 2) they get no points, but replace Team 1 as the defense, and Team 1 goes to the end of the lines, and the drill starts over.
- Do this drill for 6 minutes and the team with the most points doesn’t have to run the consequence.
This drill works on all aspects of defense: closeout, backside, cut off baseline, screen and roll etc.. It makes for a good offensive drill also, because they want to score to play defense.
If you want cut down your turnovers, improve your ballhandling, and develop a crisper, more effective offensive attack – then the Perimeter Skill Development Drillbook is just what your team needs!
Inside, you’ll discover 21 simple, fun and effective drills for shooting, passing, and dribbling. You’ll get instant access to an entire season of practice ideas for every age and competitive level… from basic fundamentals to advanced in-game strategies and tactics.
Best of all, it’s delivered in PDF format, so you can get instant digital access… right over your computer screen, smartphone, tablet, or eReader… from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection!