This is a great drill that focuses on boxing out and hustling.
How it Works
- Players will spread out, and partner up along the arc – 1 player on offense, 1 on defense.
- On the coach’s command, all the defensive players will step up, get low, initiate contact, and box the offensive player out.
- The offensive player should give the defender some resistance, try to get around them.
- Switch offense to defense and go again.
- Make it harder: Place a ball on the ground in the middle of the FT Line. Have 1 pair start at top of circle – offense is trying to touch the ball, defense trying to hold him out for as long as possible.
- Make it easier: Have the offensive players stay still, so the defense doesn’t have to worry about boxing out a moving target.