Play Type: Offensive Play
This offensive play involves all of the mechanics you practice daily. From footwork and dribbling to passing and shooting, this simple yet effective shooting play shows you how to combine each to make a last second 3 point shot.
- 5, 2 and 4 stack on weakside lane. 1 sets up above stack.
- Players move as soon as official hands 3 the ball (don’t wait for ball slap).
- 5 and 4 set double screen for 2.
- 1 moves toward ball.
- 3 throws skip pass to 2. It is very important that movement begins as soon as 3 gets ball from official. The element of surprise is what makes it work.
- 4 and 5 screen in for 2 and 3.
- 1 creates off the dribble and drives to the basket.
- When the low post defenders stop the drive 1 dishes off.
- If the wings collapse, kick it out for 3 point shot to 2 or 3.
Simple shooting play to run at end of a half, game or shot clock.
If you want cut down your turnovers, improve your passing, and develop a crisper, more effective offensive attack – then the Perimeter Skill Development Drillbook is just what your team needs!
Inside, you’ll discover 21 simple, fun and effective drills for shooting, passing, and ballhandling. You’ll get instant access to an entire season of practice ideas for every age and competitive level… from basic fundamentals to advanced in-game strategies and tactics.
Best of all, it’s delivered in PDF format, so you can get instant digital access… right over your computer screen, smartphone, tablet, or eReader… from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection!