This is a great drill that focuses on form shooting.
How it Works
- Have players break off into groups of 3-4, and go stand directly in front of a hoop.
- With just the shooting hand, the player will raise the ball up and shoot, without leaving his feet.
- The player will focus on form, getting a 90 degree angle on the elbow, and following through.
- After 3 makes, the player can take a step back.
- Players will continue stepping back, stopping just before the free throw line.
- If hoops are limited, have players swap out once they hit the free throw line.
- Make it harder: Only count swishes as makes/If you miss two in a row, you have to take a step forward.
- Make it easier: Allow players to bring the ball up with 2 hands, before taking the guide hand off to shoot.