In today’s video blog post, we are breaking down the “Live 5 on 5” Transition Offense Drill.Â The purpose of this drill is to work on getting down the court, filling lanes and transition off a defensive rebound.
Live 5 on 5 Transition Offense Drill
A very important part of starting the break is to find a man, make contact and all 5 people move to defensive rebound. As soon as you know you have the basketball, you want to be running your 3 steps in transition. Prior to getting the ball, you don’t want anyone leaking out on shots because you need all 5 people prepared to rebound .
Breaking It Down
- Players 1-3 are going to run wide and cross underneath the basket
- Player 4 is going to run right down the lane and try to post
- Player 5 is the one who is being used to protect the basket (you can also reverse the ball with him)
Be sure to…
- Take Advantage of Mismatches
- Identify the Lanes â€“ When running down the court, get the ball in the middle and fill the 2 outside lanes first.
Stay tuned for more great Transition Offense topics, tips and tricks!Â Ans be sure toÂ â€œLikeâ€ Us on Facebook or join us on Google+, where we talk about footwork drills, basketball mechanics, shooting and dribbling and much more!