This is a great drill for practicing to maintain space between your feet while dribbling the ball.
How it Works
- Start in an athletic position, turned sideways with your left forward, and the ball in your right hand.
- Dribble the ball with your right hand, while shuffling forward 5 steps.
- Stop, then shuffle backwards, maintaining your dribble with the right hand. Go backwards for 5 steps.
- Stop, then shuffle forwards again for 5 steps, then backwards for 5 steps.
- Switch positions, putting your right foot forward and the ball in your left hand.
- Repeat the drill, dribbling with your left hand this time.
- Keep your head up and be in a power dribble position with an arm bar out in front.
- Make it easier: Move in straight lines.
- Make it harder: Change speed and direction in a herky-jerky, stop and go fashion.