This drill will give you a feel for the basketball and help you become more comfortable in your ball handling. A good hand speed and coordination drill, it’s also a great conditioner for your arms.
How it Works
- Start with the ball held in front of your chin.
- Wrap the ball around your head in a circular motion.
- Receive the ball in front of your head and repeat.
- After you complete a set, do the same movement in the opposite direction.
- You may need to duck your head slightly as the ball passes behind you. That’s fine!
- Start by mastering the form, then increase speed until you are moving as fast as you can.
- Make it easier: Do the drill in front of a mirror and allow yourself to watch the ball as it travels.
- Make it harder: Wear garden gloves to limit your feel for the ball.