This shooting drill focuses on performing under pressure. The goal is for the player to beat an imaginary opponent.
How it Works
- Player will start on the court with a basketball.
- Each chot the player takes counts for 2 points.
- However, every miss for the player is 3 points for the Pro.
- Whoever reaches 12 first – the player or the Pro – wins.
- Players chase down their own rebounds, no layups and players must flip the ball out to themselves and square up as if taking a shot in a game situation.
- Make it harder: Either move players back to 3 point range, or if you still want to focus on mid range, raise it to 4 points for the Pro on every miss.
- Make it easier: Move players in to the 10-12 feet range, or make players made shots worth 3 as well.