This drill emphasizes finishing in traffic.
How it Works
- Place a cone on the right lane line, and have the players form a line, with the first two players holding a basketball.
- 1st player will sweep, take a hard dribble, come to a jump stop, and go up strong to finish the layup.
- He will then collect his rebound, and pass the ball to the next player in line without a ball.
- The 2nd player has the green light to go once the player in front of him has rebounded.
- Continue for 2 and a half minutes, then switch to the left side.
- Make it harder: Have players execute a jump stop over to the other side of the hoop, finishing with the left hand.
- Make it easier: Give players time to practice the footwork on it’s own – without the pressure of making the layup it may be easier.