Incorporates a dribble into the layup footwork drill
- Set up two lines behind the baseline.
- Each player has a basketball.
How it Works
- Start in triple threat position with the ball.
- Right Hand Dribble & Layup: On the coaches signal, take two dribbles forward, stepping with the right, then left foot
- Pick up the ball, then step with your right foot, then your left foot
- Drive your right knee up and jump off the left foot, shooting the ball into the air at an imaginary hoop using the right hand
- Collect the ball and repeat until halfcourt, then turn around and come back doing left hand layup footwork
- Left Hand Dribble & Layup: On the coaches signal, take two dribbles forward, stepping with the left, then right foot
- Pick up the ball, then step with your left foot, then your right foot
- The shooter is allowed to take two additional steps after picking up the ball.
- Use those steps to generate momentum and advance closer to the basket