Teaches players basic passing and players learn to shoot a layup off of the dribble.
- Players form two lines at the wings.
- Younger players should start from the second hash mark or elbow area
How it Works
- Start in triple threat position, holding a ball at chin height and facing the basket
- Right Hand Dribble, Step & Shoot: Make two dribbles with the right hand, pick up the ball, step right, step left, then shoot the layup with your right hand
- Left Hand Step & Shoot: Make two dribbles with the left hand, pick up the ball, step right, step left, then shoot the layup with your right hand
- Get your own rebound, and go to the back of the other line
- Dribble under control with your head up and eyes on the basket
- Gather the ball with two hands and place it under the chest before going into the shot
- On the left side, players start with a crossover drive. On the right side, they start with a direct drive.
- High jump … don’t long jump – players should be jumping high not long when shooting.