Learn the footwork and mechanics for shooting a layup.
- Set up two lines behind the baseline.
How it Works
- Start in triple threat position with no ball
- Right Hand Layup: On the coaches signal, take a step with the right foot, then step with the left foot
- Drive your right knee up and jump off the left foot, making a shooting motion with your right hand
- Repeat until halfcourt, then turn around and come back doing left hand layup footwork
- Left Hand Layup: On the coaches signal, take a step with the left foot, then step with the right foot
- Drive your left knee up and jump off the right foot, making a shooting motion with your left hand
- Repeat until baseline
- Layup footwork seems simple but younger players will need some practice to get the muscle memory
- Repeat the steps out loud to help players follow along – â€œright-left-upâ€ means right step, left step, drive the right knee up and shoot