Players learn to shoot a power layup, which can be used when there is going to be contact or when a player is moving fast and needs to gain control before shooting.
- Players form two lines, one on each wing.
How it Works
- Player on right dribbles in to the basket.
- Player executes a two-footed quick stop, goes up strong with both hands and shoots the layup off the glass.
- Player on left now goes and does the same thing.
- Action alternates from side to side.
- After shooting, player gets his own rebound and goes to the back of the opposite line.
- On the quick stop, gather the ball, hop and land with knees bent and balanced on two feet
- Players can use their strong hand on both sides of the rim because this move is more like a short jump shot than a layup.
- On the quick stop, the players toes should be pointed toward the baseline.
- You can also incorporate a pump fake into this drill