Players learn to shoot a layup after receiving a pass.
- Players form two lines, one on each wing.
- Two coaches stand near the top of the key – one facing the right side line and one facing the left side line.
How it Works
- First player in line passes the ball to the coach facing that line.
- Player cuts hard to the basket
- Coach passes back to the player, who catches it, chins it and shoots a proper layup.
- First player in opposite line goes and the drill continues with the action alternating from side to side.
- Once a player shoots, he gets his rebound and goes to the opposite line.
- No dribbling in this drill, players should catch and shoot.
- Make a quick misdirection step before cutting to the basket – this will take the defender off balance and give you a cleaner lane to the hoop