Players learn the footwork to perform a rear turn (reverse pivot)
- Players form two lines â€“ one on each side of the lane.
How it Works
- Coach says, â€œReady.â€
- Players get into Triple Threat Position.
- Coach says, â€œGo.â€
- Players execute a crossover drive and run to the free throw line.
- At free throw line, the player executes two rear turns in succession.
- Player then runs to halfcourt.
- When all players reach halfcourt, players turn and run the drill back to the baseline.
- A front turn leads with the toes, while a rear turn leads with the heel
- Player should stay low and level on the turn. He shouldnâ€™t raise up.
- Player should lift heel on pivot foot and rotate on the balls of his feet.
- Throw a quick, tight elbow back with opposite hand to generate momentum for the turn.