This is a great drill that focuses on rebounding fundamentals.
How it Works
- Players form a line on the right lane line, with a coach behind them on the arc, and another coach on the far side block.
- The coach will start with the only ball, taking (and missing a shot).
- The player at the front of the line will set themselves, jump and grab the ball at its highest point, coming down strong with the ball.
- Next, he’ll pivot, hit the coach on the wing with an outlet pass, and return to the back of the line.
- The drill will continue like this for 2 and a half minutes, at which point the line will switch to the other side of the court.
- Make it harder: Put two players in – 1 offense 1 defense – and have them box each other out for the rebound.
- Make it easier: Eliminate the outlet and allow players to focus on the rebound.