This is a great dribbling drill that works on dribbling while spinning the body, and finishing with both hands.
How it Works
- Start out with the left wing, and take a hard dribble inside with your left hand, Plant the right foot, and spin towards the baseline with the left foot.
- Take one dribble to gather yourself and close on the rim.
- Finish at the hoop with a strong right handed layup.
- Grab the board, sprint out to the wing and do it again.
- Drill is complete when you’ve made 10 layups (left and right hand) from each wing and the top of the arc.
- Keep your hand on top of the ball – avoid the tendency to carry the ball through the spin.
- It can be a good idea to work on finishing with the right hand on the left side and left hand on the right side – to keep prospective shotblockers on their toes when you attack the hoop!