Players learn to dribble through the legs and go to the basket for the shot.
How it Works
- Starting a couple feet behind the arc, take a dribble forward with your left hand.
- Bounce the ball through your legs, crossing over to your right hand.
- Explode out of the crossover with a had dribble towards the hoop.
- Finish at the rim with the right hand.
- Secure the board, run back out to the wing and repeat. Make 5 layups starting from the right wing, then move to the left wing and finally the top of the arc.
- Experiment with change of pace, using different speeds to maximize the effectiveness of the crossover.
- If you’re having a hard time imagining a defender, you can put a chair or cone down to emulate one.